Re: [TCML] telecoms protection gas discharge tube

If you're suggesting using these in a main static spark gap, I think this
would be a poor choice.  These tubes weren't designed to support the high
currents needed in a TC spark gap, and the tubes would fail in short order.
 They were designed to shunt occasional, infrequent transients, not
continuous multi-hundred Amp currents.

With spark gaps, each gap presents a fixed on-voltage, and this represents
a loss equal to Von*Igap.  Since so many would be needed in series to
achieve a useful breakdown voltage, the losses would be very high.  This is
why I believe single segment (i.e. sucker) gaps to be superior to
multi-segment gaps.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA