Re: Re: [TCML] Driving a flyback off of mains gate drive woes.

Hello all:

Of course you need an adequate power supply for the low-voltage part of the circuit, the driver. There is not much sense in trying to power everything from the same power supply. I have some complete schematics of flyback circuits here:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/flyback/
Of the circuits there, the best is the second. I mention another, using a switching power supply, that is good too, but more complex. My interest there was to make a reliable adjustable HV supply, of not specially high power. I don't power the circuits directly from the mains, since those flyback transformers were not built for this, and an isolation transformer is good for safety.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz