Re: [TCML] pwm with gate drive transformer

Hi Mike,
     I assume when you say the secondary waveform you mean of the gate drive
transformer and not whatever it is driving.  With that said, can I not just
tie the secondaries to the ground pin of the FETs they'll be driving to make
sure they do not shift, or does it not work that way?  Also if the gate
drive transformer is driving a half bridge, will it work with PWM, in my
mind it should, as it will never be shorted due to the capacitors on the
false half of the bridge, but again I know little of how all this stuff
actually works...  Lastly if it does shift, I can probably protect the fets
with a zener diode, but will they not turn on and off properly if I do?
Thanks.

Scott Bogard.