From: Futuret <futuret@xxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Oct 30, 2011 4:24 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Old TC restoration advice

Dave,

I think it may be worth trying the two 9kv NST's and Terry gap with

the coil.  The main reason for not using ASRG's is because of

possible danger of damaging the NSTs but the Terry Filter takes

care of that, along with a safety gap.  Adding the extra NST may

smooth out the operation.  It may help too to boost the NST output voltage

using a step-up  (140V output) variac.  You shouldn't have to re-tune

the primary very much.  It's probably best not to run the ASRG at

too high of a speed if it's the variable speed type.  If it's not variable

speed then there's the issue of possible NST resonance with the capacitor

depending on the cap value.  If the safety gap has to be set too wide

that would be an indication of unwanted resonance.

Cheers,

John