RE: [TCML] Creative Ideas for Toploads

I have a gold painted sphere about 8 inches diameter with a 1/4" bolt sticking out of it that I intend to use for a topload in the near future. I got it at the MIT flea market and the seller said it used to be on top of a column at some amusement park.  I just got my workbench set up in the basement, access to power, scope plugged in, unpacked the secondary, have good plastic stock to hold the 1/4" tubing for the primary - want to have first light before halloween.

Anyone else get coil perfection anxiety?  It's been about two years since I started, and there is just such an abundance of good coils pics and videos and knowledge out there, that its comporable to wanting to get a date with a supermodel and these high standards you must meet to make something acceptable, something impressive.

Brian Hall