From: Roger Smith <rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2011 9:37 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Capacitive Discharge Pulse Mode with my VTTC

On 9/7/2011 5:23 PM, Futuret wrote:

> Roger,

> Nice work.  It's not clear to me exactly how you applied the extra energy from

the

> capacitor and series choke to the tube plate... how the SCR was arranged

circuit-wise to feed in

> this energy?  Do you have a schematic available or a more thorough description

> of the circuit?

> Thanks,

> John

John,  here is a link to the circuit

diagram...http://www.flickr.com/photos/29248051@N02/6128920446/in/photostream

    It is fired in much the same way as a VTTC in staccato mode with an

SCR in the cathode circuit.   Once it is triggered the charging

transformer has to be turned off on tell the capacitor discharges so the

SCR can turn off.   Then the charging transformer is turned back on and

after about half a second the SCR is triggered again.    One pulse per

second is the fastest rate I can do so far.

Roger