Re: [TCML] joining wires halfway through secondary winding

James,
I had a similar problem when winding a coil, I pulled a birds-nest off the reel, had to break and join the wire.

My Coil has been in use for 4+ years at 2x to 3x arc length compared to the secondary and I have never had any problems from the joint.

I did much the same as you, as long as the joint is neat lays flat to the former and has a good covering of varnish you shouldn't have any problems.

I'd aim for the joint to be nearer the top of the coil, the topload will give it some protection and it will be away from relatively earthy objects like the strike ring or primary.

Derek