Re: [TCML] 7.5Kva transformer, needs to leave my living room, pronto!

On 4/17/12 8:33 AM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
How so?
I don't quite know what you mean, please elaborate.
I am not planning on doing this, but i am just curious.

Line feeds 1 NST and iso transformer primary
iso transformer secondary feeds #2 NST (case NOT grounded)
hook NST1 secondary and NST2 secondary in series.
NST2 needs to be mounted on insulators, because it's floating at HV, relative to ground.

Thanks,
John "Jay" Howson IV

Or, you can use it to "stack" two NSTs to get double the voltage, if you
want to experiment with higher primary voltages. The second NST is
"floated" at 15 kV above ground. You could learn all about how evil
corona is when you start getting above 30-40 kV..