RE: [TCML] [admin] Tesla Museum discussion

And the reason for the language in the subject line of my original post was
that this was the name of the IndieGoGo website campaign.

Reading the IndieGoGo site:

However, the land, laboratory, and foundation beneath the tower are still
there and very recently went up for sale. And right now a non-profit is
trying to buy the property and turn it into a Nikola Tesla Museum. The
property is listed at $1.6 million, and this non-profit has received a
matching grant from New York State of up to $850k.  This means that if we
can raise $850k, New York State will match us for that same amount --
putting the total raised at $1.7 million.

There is currently another offer on the table from someone who wants to
purchase the property potentially tear it down or turn it into a retail
establishment. There is no Tesla museum in the United States, despite
Tesla's extraordinary accomplishments.  If we can outbid this other person
and buy the land it will permanently be protected as a historic site and
eventually converted into a Nikola Tesla Science Center.

The folks behind this project are a 501(c) non-profit organization and
they've spent the past 15 years trying to find a way to save this property.
This IndieGoGo account is linked directly to their bank and all the funds
will go directly to them.

Even if we raise the full amount and end up with $1.7 million, this isn't
enough to build an actual museum / science center. But it will effectively
put the property into the right hands so it can eventually be renovated into
something fitting for one of the greatest inventors of our time.

They went through 501(c) incorporation -- a lengthy and expensive process.

They have been doing this for fifteen years.

I would think that they are serious.

As of 10PM last night, they raised $958,257 -- as of a few minutes ago, it
is now at $986,543. $28K in contributions in 16 hours with 37 more days of
fundraising. The purchase of Wardenclyffe is now an absolute and they are
well on their way to raising enough money to start developing the property.

Here is their website:

http://www.teslasciencecenter.org/

Cheers!
Dave