[TCML] coil operating in shopping mall

Hey Friends,

This is a list of concerns that I have written out to the organizer of the fair at the mall. If you can think of anything that I have missed and / or answer some of these concerns I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. I do not want Tesla coils to have a bad reputation.

I may have to enclose the coil in chicken wire if I end up operating it. If the total height of the coil and the table is say 7' then I need about a 7' diameter cage.

I will also have a push button that I will have to hold down in order to keep the coil running. This button will have a lockout device.

I need to look into whether or not the available ground is adequate. Right now I am using a ground rod and all the mall has to offer is a 120 volt receptacle.

I am concerned about lawsuits both legitimate and frivolous. Claims such as epileptic seizures are not all that uncommon. There are also alot of people walking past wearing pace makers.

I doubt the mall quite understands what it is getting into. To be honest with you neither do I.

We also have to deal with the ozone smell.

We want a relaxed event, not a spectacle. Perhaps your idea of using video will be the best option. I can probably bring my 26" flat screen TV for this event.

I will try to gather more data. I believe that once the insurers know what a tesla coil is the cost will be prohibitive, and maybe it will be for the best.

You have been to a makers faire before and have seen tesla coils operated in public before. You probably have a better understanding of what to expect. People like me, the tenants, the mall owners and the insurers are probably going to be a little leary of the unknown.

I will look into this some more and let you know what I decide as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jim