Re: [TCML] My x-ray machine

My two cents worth.
Enjoy your experimentation. Start small and learn. Be uber safe and don't cut corners with this.
Post your results on your site, learn from others, read a lot.
It will be a rewarding and challenging hobby.

Once other people are involved, things get complicated.
Injure a friend and he might not sue you or get you charged.
Injure a stranger/child or member of the public and you are in big trouble.
Promote this or misrepresent yourself and you will soon meet up with officialdom.

Much of what I do is in some way contravening some codes or is illegal in some form so I speak from your side as it were. Keep things under the radar by looking after your safety and be careful big time if others are involved.

The Men in Black came up my drive one day after seeing my site years ago so it can happen.

Cheers
Peter
www.tesladownunder.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Teslalabor" <teslalabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] My x-ray machine

Are you crazy? Correct me if I am wrong, but...

1. I think it is very illegal (and unhealthy) for a private person to build and especially operate a x-ray machine. 2. It is very stupid to post pictures of this in the www so everybody can see, that you do this forbidden things. You should not be surprised when the men in black are knocking on your door someday... 3. It is not very difficult to generate x-rays, so nothing special about it. Every body can do this.

And I also think x-ray stuff is not the topic of the TCML.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Grenadier" <teravolt.org@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: [TCML] My x-ray machine

Hi TCML, I entered my portable x-ray machine in a laser cutter contest.
Could you please
help an experimenter out and vote for it? http://www.buildlounge.com/

After that feel free to ask your facebook friends to do so as well ;-)

Essentially, this is a project I've been working on for two years. I've
written the whole thing
up on my site at http://www.teravolt.org/x-ray-machine/ . Took quite a long
time to build that
thing but now the machine is finally done! (for now)

If you have any questions, feel free to fire away. :-)