[TCML] DRSSTC Operation

First, thank you all who help me with how to explain how a tesla coil works, and thank you to all who helped me determine that my IGBTs were indeed deed.

I have recently constructed a DRSSTC MicroBrute from Eastern Voltage Research and because my tuning was wrong i blew my IGBTs. And i was just wondering why does a DRSSTC get tuned by the number of turns and not like a conventional coil? And is it possible to put any IGBT in a board to increase spark length?