Re: [TCML] Variac Phase Shifting Info please

Hi Paul,

When you described feeding a function generator into the Variac, but failed
to see any phase shift - are you sure that you wired the Variac as a
2-terminal variable inductor, feeding the capacitor?  It should work
regardless of the magnitude of the applied voltage.  If the Variac was
wired conventionally as a 3-terminal variable transformer, then it probably
would not work.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA