Re: [TCML] Primary coil winding troubles with 1/4" tubing

Wow. If I can tell you one thing, it's have patience! You have to work
it extremely slow, take it one notch at a time. When you're doing the
inner most turns, you need to apply gentle, smooth, equal pressure
along the length of the portion your working with in order to avoid
collapsing the tube.
My tubing came in a roll just like yours did, and I agree it wasn't
easy. When it's all laid out, it doesn't look even close to what you
see here on the interwebs. Even today, several years later I'm pushing
and pulling on the primary trying too get it 'perfectly' straight.
One of the most helpful things you could do is figure out how you can
fix the tube to the supports at each notch. I made (most of) mine to
allow the tubing to snap in. Even still I went back and glued it down
at every notch since it was all loose and rickety. If memory serves me
right I took the lower layer and started from the inside and worked my
way out, same way you began. I didn't leave a whole lot pf slack
between where I was working and the stock coil (to avoid the tangling
mess you encountered).
As far as fixing it goes, LOTS of TLC. No matter how well it may have
turned out initially, it still would take/have taken a lot of time and
tedious effort to get it where you would (have) like(d). Again, it
takes *patience*.

Brandon H.