[TCML] Protecting my boat

I now keep my aluminum bass boat in my backyard on a trailer with boat cover and a Mercury outboard fish locator etc. I plan on running my pig powered coil near enough that an occasional streamer hit is likely. Should I ground my boat to a dedicated ground rod (already have extra one near boat), and any other things you guys can recommend. When my boat was in my garage I ran a 5 kVA coil with streamers hitting my ungrounded boat, with no problems.