Re: [TCML] DC Cox

 This is very sad news. Back in about 2005 I decided to get back into coiling after seeing on the internet what others others were doing. It wasn't long and I was searching for a pole transformer and thats how I met D.C. I made the hour and a half trip and by the time I left I bought 2 pigs and he spent over 2 hours showing me around the shop and helping design the coil I have. Many times he would e-mail me pictures or info on new projects he was working on. He was a very generous person with his time and with many coil parts he gave me. I missed the last Cheesehead Teslathon but I was able to set my coil up at one two years ago. DC mailed me the newspaper article picturing my coil entertaining people in the cage of death.

Scott

--- On Wed, 5/9/12, MICHAEL HARDY <mhardy4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: MICHAEL HARDY <mhardy4@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] DC Cox
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 10:05 PM

I am deeply saddened by this. Despite the feelings of some on this list I found DC a generous and valued friend and colleague. His Lightening On the Lawn (Cheesehead) teslathons brought a lot of us together. I find the friendship and info shared there beyond value. I doubt I'll see many of you again. He was nothing but extremely gracious to me and my coiling buddies. I have Big Bruiser's power supply, primary, and untold other goodies for nearly nothing!
Not to mention knowledge and encouragement to peruse this hobby with a profound passion. I think I'll be firing off my coils in respect of DC as soon as I can. If I had his K.R E.W. cannon (that I bought for a mere $80) ready to go, I'd fire it off as well.

with great respect, R.I P. my friend!