Re: [TCML] Why Nikola Tesla was greatest geek who ever lived

Great and entertaining!  It is quite astounding to recognize how much
of the modern world
technologies were derived directly from Tesla's pioneering work.
Every time you turn on
a switch, an HVAC unit starts, refrigerator hums, operate a ubiquitous
remote control,
get caught at a speed trap, operate a logic device (PLC, PC, FPGA),
get an X-Ray or CT Scan,
or listen to your favorite music on the radio, you're utilizing the
fruits of Tesla's imagination.

Would be an interesting intellectual exercise to list those devices,
or technologies that are
directly derived from Tesla's work, would bet they are in the
hundreds, if not thousands.

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA