Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:27 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Is there a Tesla coil in my stove?

Close, but no cigar.  It is a feedback-based oscillator with a step-up
autotransformer that has a ferric core.  Sort of like the power supply
for a strobe light, or the flyback circuit in your old TV.

<OT_memory>
I'd replaced so many of those spark modules while working at the
appliance repair store, that I lost count.  They are the #2 item to
fail most often in a gas stove.  The safety valve is #1.
</OT_memory>