From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of BrianB
Sent: 25 May 2012 15:50
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Re-visited - Newbie question - Where does all the energy
go?

Peter,

Maybe there is another coiler in your area that could visit you and look it
over. Where are you located?

Do you have access to an oscilloscope and signal generator?  It would be
good to check the as built frequency of the secondary then set the primary
to match that frequency plus about 5%. That would insure you are tuned close
to optimal and not on one of the resonant frequencies...

 If you don't have access to the test equipment a local ham radio club
usually has someone more than willing to bring their gear over and help out.
In fact they love a new challenge especially on old technology and it gives
them something to talk about on the radio....

Regards,
BrianB