Re: [TCML] Advice for my first SGTC

Scott, that's a great video! Can't access your site, though:
http://bogard.110mb.com/TC3.html<http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fbogard.110mb.com%2FTC3.html&session_token=gxnZT_5yzbJ3KNzYllgRP3JLpzJ8MTM1MzU1MDE4MEAxMzUzNDYzNzgw>
I'll probably drop the doubler.
How do you calculate the optimal capacitance for dual mots? Tesla map gives
me 315.8nF which is definitely not gonna happen :(
Also how do you keep the MOTs from frying without a ballast? Mine gets
*very* hot if I draw arcs for about 20s.
TBH I don't think the doubler will cost that much - after all it's just 4
microwave caps, 2 ceramic caps, a lot of cheap diodes and two high power
resistors.
On the other hand I could probably design the MMC for 8kV without the
doubler, right? that's 4 times less caps for the same Farads!

Jon, thanks for finding that. Better not risk getting the Russian caps.

Matt, unfortunately almost all beer brands here use brown bottles. I might
see if I can find wine bottles but most of those seem to be dark green and
I definitely won't be able to get many with the same bottle type.

OK guys, if I decide to go with the 942C MMC what are the odds that they'll
blow up? I really don't wanna spend 200 dollars on this just to blow it up
on the first light.
Thanks for all the tips!