Re: [TCML] Phantom Streams finally appear on video...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting your video online.

The spark pattern on the ball is similar that on the combination flat
spiral and solenoid secondary coil I built ten years ago:
http://tesla-coil-builder.com/FlatSpiralSolenoidCombo.htm

Like yours, my coil produced spikes from the ball, a strong halo around it,
and a very strong electrostatic field radiating into the room.  The
"phantom streamers," as you call them, were particularly sharp to the touch.

I am curious, are you running the coil inside a Faraday cage room?  My
walls and ceiling were lined with aluminized space blankets.  This helped
to amplify the electrostatic field strength around the coil.

Also, what is the winding between the pancake and the ball?  Is it a single
layer cone or solenoid?

Dave