Re: [TCML] Cleaning Copper Primary Coil (with Muriatic/Hydrochloric Acid)

I attempted the half moon notched supports, and only half or so of
them worked the way they should, so the rest got hot glue (which left
anything else loose and resting at various elevations). I'm currently
squaring out all of the notches.
I DO have supports to either glue/zip tie to. I think I'm leaning on
the zip ties. They'd be easier to fix if broken, less likely to break
from heat (important factor in AZ) and cleaner to work with. Also gets
rid of that arts and crafty feel that David mentioned. ;)

> Some folks use slotted plastic supports to hold the primary.  They
> make the slots just wide enough so the copper tubing snaps into
> the slots and stays in place.

I do like the fact that the lacquer can be sprayed on. that just means
wrapping up the base and supports in newspaper before seating the
coil.

> The lacquer is much more durable than the wax.  The lacquer can be
> sprayed on from a spray can... thin coats so it doesn't run/sag.

I'd like to know more about the electroplating. That seems like a
permanent solution to the problem as well as a good aesthetics boost.

Has anybody ever had any success electroplating anything?

Thanks All,
Brandon