[TCML] 50 Hz E-fields and body hair

Concerning these 50 Hz E-fields and body hair - I confirm from lab
practice that a voltage of 5 kVAC on well insulated cables makes the
hairs on my arms move about when I use a commercial HIPOT tester.

It's a bad desk layout, but reaching over a device-under-test to operate
panel controls puts me about twelve inches or less from the output
cable.

>From a safety perspective, HIPOT testers operate below 1 mA. Anything
else that creates hair sensations would make me think DANGER!

I'd like to caution anyone about working close to CW coils operating
below breakout. They produce sustained RF current (10 - 100 mA; some
fraction of the base current) in your extremities without being noisy or
obnoxious enough to keep you away.

If you feel numbness in your finger tips then you know why. It feels
like the vibration injuries that come from excessive hand-held power
tool usage.