RE: [TCML] Griffith Park Coil

Thanks to all with the GPO  coil info/specs.  I was thinking about 1/4 size of that coil. 9" base , 4" at the top , and 12" high  with a  3" or 4" gazing ball top load              Any ideas on building the coil form ?  First I thought multiple layers of cardboard , glued  together (may not be stiff enough ) . Or maybe thermo plastic ?