[TCML] Another how-to video - threading and winding a custom cylindrical secondary coil.

Ha ha, this is if you want a real mess on the garage floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6z9jEH0ep4

This can be done for close-wound coils too, you just have to use the closest
thread pitch the lathe offers to the natural pitch of the wire.  Normally
you can get pretty close, especially for large coils.
I have email subscriptions turned off, just saw the Jacob's ladder hints and
discussion - very cool!!  If anyone has a ca. 70kV 10 or 15mA X-Ray
transformer for sale please contact me off-list, need one for
a historical Tesla Coil replica.  I really need a 35-40kV transformer (20mA
or less) but finding this might be impossible.  Magnet wire is too expensive
to wind one from scratch, I just bought a 5 lb. spool
of 29 AWG for $70 and wanted to cry.

Jeff Behary, c/o

The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com