Re: [TCML] RE: Sound Modulated tesla Coils

On 10/22/12 11:30 AM, Greg Cousen wrote:
Hi Mate,
Thank you for your reply, I have looked on the net but have not seen any
kits for the SSTCs, I have seen the rotary gap advertised as a kit, I will
keep on looking, here in Aust our voltage is 230 / 240 @50hz,
I will look into the variable frequency idea, thanks again :)

Search for DRSSTC and modifiers..

http://www.drsstc.com/ has a bunch of links

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/  - Dan McCauley's site

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/ - Steve Ward's site

And, of course, you can ask on the TCML..

a total "turnkey" kit might not exist: you'll need to get various bits and pieces together. For instance, I think there's several people selling just the drive electronics, and it's up to you to get the power devices (because list price they're hideously expensive, but they turn up surplus fairly often at low prices). Or they assume you know how to go about winding a secondary and getting a toroidal topload.

there are also folks who have done a design for themselves and posted the artwork and schematics, and it's up to you to get the board made and put it together..