Success Re: [TCML] Measuring secondary current

Hunting through the TCML archives, I found this message (http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2002/March/msg00007.html) suggesting a much simpler way to measure current through the TC secondary -- use an incandescent bulb! Using a 6V 400mA lamp in series with the secondary ground lead, I got just a hint of glow from the filament. I then used a variable-current power supply to drive the bulb until I got approximately the same amount of glow, and measured the current out of the power supply.

The result was about 130-150mA current through the secondary base lead, with no arcs being drawn from the breakout. As soon as I approached the breakout point with a metal object, current out of the secondary dropped precipitously and the lamp turned offf.