From: Phillip Strauss <pstrauss1947@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla <Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Apr 11, 2013 2:31 pm
Subject: [TCML] Re. Polythene dielectric.

Hello all.
I have a 54" x 12.5" yellow polyethylene tube (gas pipe) which I wish to use for
the secondary of a largish spark gap tesla coil.
I appreciate that this is essentially a low loss material from the RF point of
view but unfortunately it is very thick walled, 20mm in fact, this makes it
pretty heavy. Does this thickness make it unsuitably lossy for TC use?
Suggestions would be appreciated,
Regards.
Phillip.