Re: [TCML] Re: Halfwave rectified Tesla coil and spark growth.

Udo,

I remember hearing the first hand account and reading about a similar experiment Bill Wysock did years ago. He charged a DC capacitor bank up to a high potential then had a large Tesla Coil arc to it. They were trying to produce an artificial lightning strike by pumping the DC back into the arc channel. Unfortunately the high current pulse went right through the entire setup and back onto the mains blowing out equipment and appliances in all the neighbors houses tied to the same distribution transformer. IIRC the total cost of repairs was over $20k and that was many years ago...

I sure wouldn't put my body in that path...

Regards,
BrianB