From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:59 PM
To: tesla list
Subject: [TCML] Variac question

So, I acquired a pretty nice variac the other day, Powerstat 136BU-2 in a sweet shell.

It has two cores with the brushes on a common knob, each rated for 120V 22A. with a matching transformer in the back.

I was thinking about ignoring the matching transformer and rewiring it to make each core one leg of 240V line and the neutral. Thus giving me 240V at 22 Amps.

Any issues with doing this? Seems like a pretty decent way to go from where i'm sitting.

Cheers,
John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off your hands."