RE: [TCML] Boston MoS

Yes, the large drsstc is musical, when I was there they played a little tune on it, as of last December when I went.  There are also twin vttc's in clear plastic cases so you can get a fair enough close up view of how they are wired up.  the VDG is close to three stories tall and up on the highest level of where you can take a look at it there is a pushbutton jacob's ladder running of a 15kv nst and a cute hand crank vdg, tiny spark but for the minimum effort to turn the wheel, not that bad.
If you find someone there before the 'theater of electricity' show with a clipboard or who appears to be staff, and ask nicely to be the volunteer to go into the faraday cage, sign the waiver, and you could get to go inside the birdcage and be lifted in there with the presenter up close to the VDG - as I had the opportunity of doing - watching the million volt sparks coming towards you - that's quite an experience, even if it is direct current instead of alternating!
This vid starts out with a clip of what its like for me being in the cage - I would love to go in there again.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESxftyuyvA

Looks like there are a few shows per day: http://www.mos.org/daily-schedule
I personally also like the Mathematica and moon landing exhibits as well, they have been there since I was a kid.  I think on the third floor by the hanging model of Skylab are some decent miniature models of the history of space stations, and also back there a long display with examples of the vast electromagnetic spectrum.  Down on the first floor are many mechanical gear and engineering models in display cases, where you can push various buttons on the side to see different banks of them in action.  And the gift shop always has some interesting curiosities.

Brian Hall