Re: [TCML] Why so loud?

This is purely speculative but have thought about it on and off for quite
some time but never asked anyone myself. “What exactly are we hearing that
makes a Tesla coil so loud?”.

Im guessing it has to do with the speed at which the plasma generated rips
through the air. Anything that moves faster than 768 mph will create a
sonic boom, whether it’s a paper bag being popped or a bullwhip being
cracked. That loud snap is the speed of sound being exceeded and not the
sound of the object itself.