Re: [TCML] MOT ballasting options

Hi Brian,
     Many will chime in here I am sure, but ballasting depends on what you
want out of it.  If you want a thousand watt system, sure, you could just
use 10 100W lightbulbs in parallel.  My best MOT system runs with no
ballast at all and only two MOTs in series, that won't work on a 10 Amp
breaker but it works very nicely from a performance perspective for a 2.5
ish kW system.  There is always the shorted MOT ballast, reliable, but it
won't pass much current (can tend to overheat as well.)  Or anything you
would use on a Pig would work scaled down, so an archive search would be in
order.  Just my 2 cents...

Scott D Bogard.