Re: [TCML] How temperature effects the tesla coil...

What if you had an enclosure around the output toroid that could vary the temperature in a controlled manner and had somekind of grounded metal plate mounted on that enclosure so that the sparks would be attracted too.  Would there be a sensor sensitive enough to measure the difference in time it takes the sparks to hit vs temperature?  I think in a plasma globe theres a capacitative relationship with the glass so maybe in a standard tesla coil an enclosure around the toroid may have more adverse effects other than lowering the resonant frequency slightly. Any thoughts?

Would there be no sparks coming out of the toroid at absolute 0?