Re: [TCML] cone coil tuning

A conical coil has more capacitance in the lower windings than it does in
the upper windings.  With your design, however, there is not much
difference because the cone is cut off at the top.  It should tune similar
to a solenoid.  The advantage of a cone coil is that it will handle more
power than a straight solenoid.  Another way to see this is that the coil
is less likely to break out if it is operated with the same power as a
solenoid coil with the same average winding and frequency.

The coil you are building is more durable than a solenoid, but it will
function nearly identical as far as streamers go.

Dave