Re: [TCML] microbrute DRSSTC

I tuned it till i got 10-12 arc's out of it. I set my voltage at 2.6 volts 300amps.
There is one thing I don't understand, my over current light come on and stays on from the time I start getting arc's. I think I still have a problem in that circuit.
thanks
for all the help
alton
Best

HI Alton,
It sounds like you are still not tuned right. The current draw is too high. When you get proper tuning, you can max the voltage out without the light coming on at all. Like I said - I get 10 to 12 inch Arcs with only 70V input AC, and the overcurrent light never comes on.

The thing about tuning - if you go WAAAAY off the correct tuning, you can get it to work. You can actually find another secondary spot in the frequency spectrum to tune to.
Keep in mind that when you get arcs, they also throw off the tuning.

It's pretty tedious to play with the tuning so much, but that really is the best thing. And if you are really getting 10" arcs out of it, you may already be close to the MAX.

The other thing you could mess around with is making a different topload. I actually started using an old 3"x12" toroid I bought off eBay and retuned for that. That actually gave me slightly bigger arcs at some particular tuning. But not much.

Happy coiling,
Joe