[TCML] Secondary Coil: Wire Gauge and Number of Turns

I've been punching numbers into TeslaMap for a while trying to design my
next secondary coil. I know the idea is to get the Inductance as high as
possible, but the conflict with that is ending up with more and more turns
as you raise the inductance. I know that the AC resistance of the wire is
going to be a bigger issue with more turns. Acceptable values I've heard
are 1000-1500 turns.

How critical is this range? My designs tend to come out with 1650-1800
turns.

Another factor in design is the wire gauge. The thinner the wire, the more
energy is lost to resistance according to Ohm's law. The thinner wire also
allows the inductance to be higher given a limited winding height. I'm
really not sure which way to lean in balancing that out... More inductance
vs more resistance (I suppose the power put into the coil helps determine a
minimum).

I'm hoping to build with 27 or 28 gauge magnet wire

Coil is running 1825 Watts (15/120 NSTs), 120 BPS SRSG, 0.25 x 0.25 x 14
turn primary (7.5" Hole), 55nf Tank Cap

(Some of my design parameters: Stick close to a 4:1 ratio, 6.1-6.6" Width,
24-29" Height, while keeping the required primary inductance to about 90%
of the primary coil's capacity.)

Hope you can help. Thanks!

- Brandon H.