[TCML] Re: Primary/Sec. Frequency

Hopefully, my email issues are fixed. So, here goes again.

Using JavaTC I was having trouble coming up with the correct set of
parameters to balance the frequencies of the primary and secondary of PT
powered coil. The final numbers came out 142.64 KHz and 141.64 KHz,
respectively. The following is not what I expected, especially the small
number of primary turns and small primary cap size:

6" dia. sec. wound with 1350 turns 22 ga., 36.45" winding length
8 turn primary of 1/4" copper tube, 4.5" inside radius
Primary cap-.04 uF
Toroid-minor dia. 8", major dia. 24" , 8" disc dia. 6" above top winding
HV power supply-14,400 PT. It drew 30 amps with a Jacobs ladder and
ballasted with a 500' spool of 12 ga.

Am I headed in the right direction? Any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim Flood