[TCML] Single-ended NST, wiring

Hello,

The NST (4kV, 50mA) for my SGTC is a single end type with one of its
secondary winding ends attached to the metal casing. I have seen schematics
of other TCs with single-ended transformers, and they have all looked like
this: http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~kskeldon/PubSci/images/tesla3.gif with
the capacitor in parallel with the transformer and coil. However, I recall
reading that a capacitor in parallel is not preferred in a TC using an NST.
I am wondering if connecting the capacitor in series instead like this,
http://imgur.com/JegqUiI, would work, or will there be any problems with
the capacitor + ground?

Regards,

Jacob Karlström