[TCML] Tesla Coil remote

So I am looking at using a remote for turning my coil on and off.I made a remote using 433mhz rf transmitter/receivers for the coil.However as soon as the coil is on, it interfiers with the remote (which was anticipated.)I tried making a faraday cage around the receiver, however still no luck.I know there is the option of IR, but I wanted to avoid making it an IR remote because then there is much less range and you need to point the remote at the receiver.Has anyone ever made a remote for their coil successfully that was not infrared?I am also thinking of using an IR laser diode as apposed to a typical IR led if I must make the remote IR.I wouldnt be focusing it with a lens, I just think that since the laser diode is much brighter and more powerful than an led it would give me much more range.And I would obviously need a driver to power the laser diode that can handle the IR pulses sent from the microprocessor.thoughts? 		 	   		  _______________________________________________
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx