Re: [TCML] SSTC controller; fiber optics/midi questions

Last year, Paul Kidwell of The Geek Group www.thegeekgroup.org devised a way to play real polyphonic music (Chords) on an SSTC. You might want to check with him and see if it is available for distribution yet, or if it's going to be proprietary.

Matt D

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Mar 14, 2013 9:52 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] SSTC controller; fiber optics/midi questions

Another program which I use for midi editing is Anvil Studio... I like
what I can do with it.. With midi's and SSTC's, there are sometimes
frequencies to stay away from or a number of notes played at the same
time (chords) which you may want to edit... Anvil is pretty easy once
you get to know it... I think Eric Goodchild turned me onto that
software a couple years ago..
http://www.anvilstudio.com/

Take care,
Bart

On 3/14/2013 2:01 PM, Kramnik Daniel wrote:
> As for the fiber optics components, I swear by Digikey part FB123-ND
> (receiver with TTL output) and FB128-ND (transmitter, I believe these have
> now been replaced with the equivalent part FB162-ND). They're something
> like $5 each, as opposed to the $20+ components I've seen other people use.
>
> MIDIEditor is a compact (and free!) program that you can use to play back
> MIDI files through your USB-MIDI converter, you'll just need to select the
> right output device. Everything should be plug and play:
> http://midieditor.sourceforge.net/
>
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Atomic <atomicrox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> TBH I never used one before but I'm guessing the drivers take care of
>> masking the adapter. It should show up as a regular MIDI port.
>> I'll most likely try this when I get my SSTC done :)

<snip>