[TCML] Biography: Donald Murray

Who: Donald Murray
Age: 62
Where: Northern California
Contact: don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Experience: 3 yrs Army Security Agency building and repairing high frequency intercept antennas; 34 yrs at local power company, lineman, line foreman, troubleshooter. Retired in 2006 Best TC: I have not yet built one, I have a Van de Graff generator, and a Wimshurst machine with 10" disks. Website: www.murrayranch.com hasn't been managed for a while because of computer, software and wife incompatibility--she is currently flummoxed by changes at web-host. There are some pics of an old RO (regulated output) transformer, and some lights from an arc circuit that it ran. Some pages out of a GE transformer manual.
YouTube: None
Media: Dodged them as much as possible, as a troubleshooter on emergency calls, they were somewhat annoying.
Social media: I read my wife's Facebook page.
Other interests: Woodworking, metalworking, machines, especially lathes, traveling, Blues music Plans: couple of Blues Cruise in the next 12 months, then some remodeling, then Tesla coils. I'd like to start with an NST coil, and move on to a pole pig coil. Then possibly a 3-phase bi-polar, then a large Wimshurst machine with a stationary bicycle driving 2 sets of 36" disks.