Re: [TCML] Treating RF feedback

Brandon,

Here's a short article about earth grounding
basics<http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/solutions/earthground/groundingbasics.htm>.
Do you have a stoney soil which is difficult to penetrate or do you live,
like the Flintstones, on solid bedrock?

Personally, I think one should focus more on preventing RFI back into mains
by means of a well designed low pass filter, where L or LC only dissipates
the RF into heat.
The commercial filters most people use, connected the good or the wrong
way, tend to get effective when RF is reaching halfway into the MHz range
already.

As mentioned it would help if you know exactly how everything is wired in
your house. Here in Europe it's common to have 3 phases. I've got all
sensitive devices (TV, computer, remote light switches ect.) connected to
the first 2 phases and my coil in on the 3rd phase. I don't know about my
neighbours, but I haven't had any problems so far, running a 3kW coil.

I haven't connected anything TC related to the yellow/green house ground.
Just fase and neutral wires to the control cabinet. From there is one pair
of wires to the potential transformer and on pair of wires to the spark gap
motor. The guidelines tell to connect, anything that might be struck, to HF
ground. So for me it's only the secondary base, motor housing and the
shield (shower hose) on the 2 wire pairs. The potential transformer and
ballast is located out of reach, so I haven't connected the cores to any
ground either.

If I try to measure current with a digital ammeter anywhere near the PT or
ballast, it'll fry, but measuring current between the wall socket and
control cabinet is no problem at all.

Mark