Re: [TCML] At a loss. No light on second coil

Thank you for your very detailed response Scott,

I see your logic here and I have a few new things to try. With my
rotary down, I have been using my 2 horn sucker gap (Very much like
this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gomezaddams/1439374053/ ) It
sounds as though it is firing but it may still be power arcing. Other
then opening the gap more is there anything that I can do to help with
this for testing? It is hooked up to a shop vac on full power.

As for my cap, I did upgrade from the bottle cap to a nice MMC. 140x
942C's 10 rows of 14 for 108.7nF @ 28kV. I have hooked this up to my
multimeter and it reads great without showing any loss due to a short
and I have inspected it over and over again to make sure I was not
missing anything. No signs of any damage to them either.

I would assume based on what I have read from everyone's help here
that I am power arcing. I will start rebuilding my rotary right away.
I just need the parts and think Ill give the copper tungsten alloy a
try as the brass was a puddle after just a few seconds. For the time
being though I would like to get it up and running.

Any advise on the sucker to help alleviate the power arc would be very
welcomed. And here I was thinking I had this figured out after such
great success with my first coil..

Thanks again everyone!

-Andrew