[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Disc Dia. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Disc Dia.

David and others,
"Desert" was rather an extreme term, in hindsight, but It's just that since
the downtime the group had seemed so quiet. There are other groups of
course, but this one is the 'mother' of others to my thinking, (No, I'm not
getting into a pedantic debate on the dates that other groups were
established). So all credit to the work Chip has recently put into restoring
things.
I agree on the shift to solid state (ss) , as your thinking exactly reflects
my own, but 'ss' is the way of everything, for the moment. The archives
though contain pretty much anything on SG coils that a coiler needs to know,
so those past stimulating debates on SG stuff, will naturally mostly be
found there now.
A nice thick  streamer is the same whatever way it is created, but there is
a satisfaction when it is with basic components that have changed little
from Tesla's time. If this then serves as a springboard into a career in
electronics and 'ss' in general for youngsters, then all the better, and
shows SG still has its uses.
On a separate personal note your Green Monster with its big toroid approach,
has inspired, at the very least, myself and a fellow UK coiler to move away
from 'table top' coils, and continually empty our pockets pursuing longer
traditional streamers, so 'ss' and 'sg' can both be money pits. <grin>

Phil