[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Unusual dielectric media [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Unusual dielectric media

1) This all seems based on the ASSUMPTION this is 'corn' syrup.
Suggest this be verified.  If so, I concur with Matt's comment.
Unless sealed this would be a self contaminating dielectric.coolant:
stuff WILL grow in it, the dielectric constant(s) will change.

2) I read the original describing an array of commercial caps,
with the fluid surrounding them for cooling?

3) casual google turned up:
http://www.rafoeg.de/20,Dokumentenarchiv/20,Daten/dielectric_chart.pdf
http://www.clippercontrols.com/pages/Dielectric-Constant-Values.html

(which may be the same table, in two formats?)

These do not resolve the 'what is 'syrup'?'.

 corn?
  cane?
   maple?
    other....

Business/manufacturing not uncommonly have 'terms of art'
associated with them that may be distinct from normal usage...

forinstance if i say 'flare' that means two distinct things
depending on whom i am with.  Likewise 'cracker'.

dwp