[Home][2013 Index] [TCML] Car tire toroid? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Car tire toroid?

I recently had the two front tires swapped out in preparation for the impending winter, and was told that one of the old tires had too much wear for next spring.
Then it dawned on me - a car tire is basically a toroid!  I drive a simple Toyota Corolla so they are small/average size, weight is really not that much of an issue for the 4" diameter coil form I have.
Has anyone tried using a car tire with maybe a couple wooden discs to make a closed area, then covering the whole thing with AL tape?If you have, what were the results?  In principle do you think this would be worth trying?