Re: [TCML] coin shrinking

For a detailed look at how we shrink quarters (from the hardware side) you
guys may want a look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_5myKEarfg

Here's the first night of real operation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxWgqRA0868

Here's early testing and development.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWWChhbZ0K8
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02jvn2auLyY

For comparison, here's Thumper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K85W3JeOUPs
note that we DO NOT have any manner of reversal protection on the discharge.
Thumper has been in daily demonstration and lab use for nearly a decade,
thousands of discharges, and has never had a capacitor fail. We've replaced
exactly ONE cap just because it looked slightly different than the others.
It still held to spec.

Enjoy. :)

In related news, we're painting the new High Energy Physics lab here, High
Voltage gets remodeled next. The new headquarters is slated to be officially
open to the public by the end of this year. EVERY member of the TCML is
welcome to come check out the lab. There are a handful of people on here
with a large-scale High Voltage lab, ours is the only HV Lab in the world
that is actually OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. That means that YOU are welcome to come
here and tinker, learn, create, explore and BUILD fun and interesting toys
of your own. It's what we've spent the past 20 years developing. Come check
it out. :) More info at www.thegeekgroup.org

Christopher Boden
President, C.E.O.
The Geek Group