[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Kit for new builder-Microbrute? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Kit for new builder-Microbrute?

Hello all.  Thank you for having this mailing list going for people like me.  I see referred to all over the net.  I am wanting to try a build and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I am looking at the Microbrute because I want to start small, but I have some knowledge of electronics and so do not want to start with something too small.  The Microbrute seems good because it is unassembled and because it contains all necessary components, and because my starting price point is $400 or less.  So I suppose my question is does anyone know of any good places to look for info on improvements to or just different builds of this kit?  I have been researching the theory of the coils for a while now, and am looking forward to actually completing a build.  I thought about piecing together a sgtc but for the price, performance, and new techniques learned I really think I would enjoy the Microbrute.  Thanks much, I look forward to hopefully seeing this through and meeting some of you.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of you are amateur radio enthusiasts as well and as so who knows, we may have already met on the air!  Thanks all,

Loren C
KB2WYL@xxxxxxxxx