[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] CW Tesla Coil calculations? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] CW Tesla Coil calculations?

Dear Group,
I'm having a dreadful time tuning my VTTC. I have been using Java TC as a
guide for primary turns and using multi taps.

My question is: is Java TC calculator accurate for CW Tesla Coils or would
the frequencies be different?

Further more what is the best frequency for spark length?  I've noticed the
spark becomes shorter and more flame like above 1mhz until 6mhz it becomes
a flame.

If I were to design the optimum system what resonant frequency of the
secondary should I use to get the longest CW spark?

Cheers!
-Wil